Stress - How Can We Help Ourselves?
Updated: Jul 19
𝘋𝘦𝘧𝘪𝘯𝘪𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 - 𝘯𝘰𝘶𝘯: 𝘢 𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘵𝘦 𝘰𝘧 𝘮𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘢𝘭 𝘰𝘳 𝘦𝘮𝘰𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯𝘢𝘭 𝘴𝘵𝘳𝘢𝘪𝘯 𝘰𝘳 𝘵𝘦𝘯𝘴𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘳𝘦𝘴𝘶𝘭𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘧𝘳𝘰𝘮 𝘢𝘥𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘴𝘦 𝘰𝘳 𝘥𝘦𝘮𝘢𝘯𝘥𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘤𝘪𝘳𝘤𝘶𝘮𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘯𝘤𝘦𝘴.
We all deal with stress differently and our response to an event that may be new, unexpected or threatening may depend on many factors such as environment, upbringing, genetics, personality and more.
Stress that’s in the workplace or our home can often crossover into one another and an unhealthy balance can occur when we don’t manage it properly.
It’s important to differentiate 𝘸𝘰𝘳𝘬 and 𝘩𝘰𝘮𝘦 time, keeping the two seperate if you’re able to, however with many of working from home during these challenging times can make that balanced like a bit blurry and it can be very easy to keep working into your night, check your emails all the time or make some last minute phone calls that could really wait until tomorrow.
𝙎𝙤, 𝙝𝙤𝙬 𝙘𝙖𝙣 𝙬𝙚 𝙝𝙚𝙡𝙥 𝙤𝙪𝙧𝙨𝙚𝙡𝙫𝙚𝙨? 𝙃𝙚𝙧𝙚 𝙖𝙧𝙚 𝙨𝙤𝙢𝙚 𝙨𝙪𝙜𝙜𝙚𝙨𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣𝙨:
• Keep similar boundaries as you would have in the workplace
• Take your appropriate lunch and coffee breaks
• Write down your daily tasks and prioritise them
• Know that insignificant tasks can usually wait until tomorrow
• Make time for yourself and your family
• Take time to relax and enjoy your interests/hobbies
• If you can, avoid ‘checking’ work related things out of your work hours
• Delegate tasks if your workload is too much
There are many things we can do to help balance our home and work life better and it’s about finding what works for you.
On the other hand, there are also many jobs that are quite demanding and it can make it difficult to unwind and seperate ourselves from that after a long day, but it’s just as equally important do try and reduce it if you can.
How have you been able to manage stress and what has worked for you?🙇🏼♂️